Mission and Vision Statement
“A Child’s Touch…” Childcare is a ministry dedicated to providing love-based Christian education and solutions to children and working families. The purpose of this childcare is to provide an environment where children are encouraged to learn in an atmosphere where God is exalted and exemplified. “A Child’s Touch…” Childcare offers high quality learning in a Christ-centered environment for children six weeks to twelve years of age. Parents receive security of knowing that their children are receiving the finest care and developmental guidance with spiritual teaching. It is the goal of this childcare to provide an educational foundation that will enable children to grow in their God-given calling and talents, and to equip them to impact their world for the glory of God. “A Child’s Touch…” Childcare is a feeder daycare for Christian schools throughout Colorado. “A Child’s Touch…” Childcare is interdenominational however, all staff, employees, and directors affiliated with this childcare must believe the Bible to be the inspired Word of God and the basis for all truth that is taught, and must sign a Statement of Faith. In accordance with Federal law and U.S. Department of Agriculture policy, this institution is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability.
Our Core Values
All ACT staff will commit to pursue the following 14 Core Values in order to effectively fulfill the school’s mission.
- Faith – In every situation, acknowledge that God is in control and working for our good. In all decisions seek God and trust His will be done. Be willing to take risks. (Philippians 1:6, Romans 8:28, Hebrews 11:1,6 , Proverbs 16:3)
- Integrity – Honesty in all things without compromising the truth. Cultivate a sense of honesty and integrity in all that is said and done. Seek to do what is right before God. (Proverbs 10:9, Proverbs 28:6, II Corinthians 8:21, Hebrews 13:18, Psalms 25:21)
- Intentional – We desire to be intentional in our ministry and mission focused. God came in human form with a mission. We want to be intentional with lessons, activities, interaction with children, parents, leaders, teachers and our community as we follow Christ’s example of His direct intent to love, teach and serve. (John 3:16-17, I Corinthians 6:19-20)
- Environment – God is the founder of all things wonderful including imagination, curiosity and creativity. To fan the flame, we will provide an ever-changing and stimulating environment where children can create life-long memories through creative play and interaction with God’s creation. The children can expand their knowledge through hands-on activities, whether in the classrooms or on our safe, spacious playgrounds that challenge the mind and promote the desire to learn. (Genesis 1:1, Jeremiah 33:2-3)
- Individuality – Each child is a unique and special creation from God with different gifts, abilities and strengths. Each child learns differently and at different rates. We cater to this premise in the environment and our curriculum adjusts to meet the needs of individual children in each classroom. (Psalm 139:14, I Peter 4:10)
- Fun – Adopt a joyful spirit, celebrate life, and be adventurous. Embrace the wonder of being a child. (I Thessalonians 5:16, Psalms 16:11, Proverbs 17:22, Jeremiah 29:11, John 15:11, Ephesians 5:19, Philippians 4:4 )
- Excellence - We will not settle for mediocrity, but excellence! We do not attempt perfection, but excellence. We represent the Lord and as such, we want excellence to be a part of everything we do and provide; environment, classrooms, curriculum, dealings with families, and how we deal with each other. We will strive for the highest standards in all aspects of our job. (Ephesians 3:20, Philippians 4:8, Colossians 3:23)
- Positive – We are all created in the image of God. We recognize positive patterns are developed at a young age. We will be positive and encouraging in our interactions and environments. We will strive to uplift the children to see themselves through God’s eyes and their value to Him and promote a good self-image. (Psalm 139:13-16, I Corinthians 6:19-20)
- Passion – Love what you do and do what you love! Our administrators and teachers are passionate about making the learning process accessible, understandable, and exciting. This passion generates a whole-hearted devotion to making a difference in the lives of children and families. In this way we honor the Lord Jesus and demonstrate His love to all who walk through our doors. (Colossians 3:23, I Corinthians 10:31, Colossians 3:17)
- Preparedness – We will provide a solid foundation and give each child the tools needed to have every advantage possible for their life journey. We will prepare children spiritually and academically to go out into the world for the next chapter in their life to other academic environments and other schools. We wish to prepare children for any school they might attend, secular or Christian. We must put on the full armor of God to protect ourselves. (Proverbs 20:11, Proverbs 22:6, I Corinthians 9:24, Ephesians 6:10-17, Hebrews 4:12)
- Stewardship - Be faithful with the resources God has entrusted to us. (Luke 16:10-11, I Peter 4:10, I Corinthians 4:2)
- Discipleship – To actively seek to minister to children, staff, parents and our community. Share that Jesus loves them. Walk alongside them as they mature in their Christian faith. (Isaiah 55:11, Matthew 19:14, John 13:35, II Timothy 2:2)
- Community – Build authentic long-term relationships in the context of a loving community. Respect and support the school community that first begins here at ACT and then branches outside our walls to help support the needs of the greater community. Strive for unity. (Mark 3:25, Hebrews 10:25, Acts 2:46, Ephesians 4:3)
- Love – God showed His unconditional love for us, and through our actions, we can demonstrate God’s love to the children, families, co-workers, and everyone we meet. We know that while there are many aspects of our program that will support the growth of children, it is God’s love that will last through their entire lifetime and into eternity. (John 13:34-35, Mark 12:30-31, Colossians 3:14, I John 4:7-8, I Corinthians 13:13)
We invite members of the religious community, such as pastors and youth workers, to assist in reaching these goals by participating on the Board and the advisory committee.